The CCA is its own 501c3. It was founded in 1970 in accordance with the encouragement of the Catholic Church for its contemplative communities to form associations/federations and to undertake renewal in accordance the the teachings of Vatican II. Currently there are 12 Discalced communities which are members: Baltimore, MD, Barrington, RI, Beacon, NY, Cleveland Heights, OH, Concord, NH, Danville, PA, Eldridge, IA, Latrobe, PA, Oldenburg, IN, Reno NV, Roxbury, MA, and San Rafael, CA.
Carmelite Communities Associated (CCA) is a nationwide association of communities of Discalced Carmelite nuns formed to support one another in the deepening of the Teresian contemplative life:
– We live the prophetic voice of the Carmelite charism in our witness of faith and hope in the Triune God
– We nurture relationships among our member communities and with the Carmelite family here and abroad. We collaborate to create mutual respect and practical support
– We recognize and honor our differences while working to strengthen our unity in diversity.
Goals of the CCA:
– We have fostered a broader acceptance of unity in diversity and the mutuality of the Carmelite family, especially by continued collaboration, friendship and communion among associations/federations at home and abroad.
– We have continued to work at achieving a representative voice in matters affecting our lives, the Teresian charism, and the Order.
– We have developed and empowered our members to be future leaders of and/or contributors to CCA.
– We have continued to provide active, mutual support to the identified needs of our communities, in particular, sisterly visits of each member community by the Leadership Team or delegates in the next term
CCA will be celebrating its 50th anniversary in 2020 and as such welcomes your support. You can have a significant impact in building the future of Carmel and the ability of the association to carry on its mission, accomplish its goals, and celebrate the 50th milestone with special programs.
Donations by Check:
Mail to: Sr. Marjorie Robinson, OCD
89 Hiddenbrook Drive
Beacon, NY 12508
If you submit a prayer intention, we will share it with our member carmels.
Donations by Paypal:
Stock or Securities: For instructions to transfer securities, please contact, Sr. Margorie Robinson, OCD, CCA Treasurer at email@example.com.
Planned Giving and Legacy Donation:
Remembering CCA in your estate planning is a wonderful way to leave a legacy of immeasurable value. Click here for additional information.
Gift to the CCA through your IRA: Click here
The Charitable IRA Rollover Law has been made permanent. If you have an IRA and have reached the age of 70 1/2, you must take a required minimum distribution (RMD) from your IRA on an annual basis. You can authorize a direct gift from your IRA to the CCA (up to $100,000). This will reduce your ordinary income. Contact your IRA administrator to do this. Contact the CCA treasurer for information regarding where the adminstrator should send the funds .
This is not legal or tax advice. Please contact your own accountant, lawyer or financial advisor as to your individual situation.